Sight Word Bingo This easy-to-play game is perfect for reinforcing what children have been learning during lessons – ideal for family fun at home or as an end of lesson activity! The Sight Word Bingo is a Double-sided bingo game provides two levels of play: Recognising single sight words Reading sight words within captions
Young learners will love practicing sight words with this familiar bingo-style game. Reinforce what children have been learning in the classroom at home, or as a fun small group activity.
By learning sight words, children become so familiar with them that they do not have to decode them or sound them out.
They are able to recognise them at a glance, which makes their reading more confident and fluid.
- Word list aligns with Phases two and three of the government Letters & Sounds phonics framework "Tricky" words are highlighted for easy identification to remind children that they can't sound out these words phonetically
- Game box includes: Spinner, four double-sided game cards (bingo game cards on one side and caption cards on the reverse), 36 disks and multilingual instructions
- Players race to be the first to cover a complete row on their game cards
- For 2 – 4 players
- EYFS Reference: Literacy - Reading: Reads some common irregular words
- National Curriculum Reference: Year 1: Literacy – Reading & Writing:
- Reads common exception words, noting unusual correspondences between spelling and sound and where these occur in the word Year 2:
- Reads further common exception words, noting unusual correspondences between spelling and sound and where these occur in the word