The Photo Conversation Cards set includes 90 photo cards each with an accompanying social story and practical ideas and suggestions for helping children develop social and communicating skills.
The Photo Conversation Cards are organized by card number and topic for easy reference:
- Meeting and Greeting People
- Healthy Hygiene
- Mealtime Manners
- Personal Space Making and Keeping Friends
- Good Sportsmanship
- Home and Family
- Understanding Emotions
- Making and Keeping Friends
- Staying Healthy
- School, Teachers and Riding the Bus Safety and Following Rules
- Important Magic Words Phone Manners and Guidelines
- Miscellaneous Topics On the back of each photo card is a social/communication skills story that relates to the photo.
This strategy uses a story written for the child (most often in the first person) to describe a social situation, skill, or concept.
The story describes what is happening and why, along with how the people think, feel and behave in that situation.
The stories are reviewed until the child is able to interpret that particular situation.
Due to the wide range of abilities that children with ADD demonstrate, the backs of these cards are meant to be used as a springboard.
The teacher, parent, or therapist should review the back of each card and then modify the social story and/or practice ideas to fit the needs of individual children.