These double coloured, liquid timers are excellent for exploratory play.
They are an open ended resource that encourages inquiry based learning.
Each of the sensory liquid timers measure 5.5cm wide x 3.5cm deep x 14cm high.
The actual running time of each of the sensory liquid timers depends on the temperature of the oil, so the time varies and can be between 40 – 100 seconds.
These Liquid timers are a calming resource for children as they watch the coloured bubbles float down.
These liquid timers are suitable for children from the age of 3 years.
Play is an important part of early childhood.
Exploratory play and inquiry based learning encourages children to learn, develop and grow whilst they have fun.
Children are encouraged to explore, investigate and develop ideas and hypothesis.
They can test their ideas, and find new ways of building, creating, drawing, thinking etc.
The use of open ended resources promote exploratory and investigative play as well as inquiry based learning.
- Creativity and imagination is developed through new ways of thinking.
- Often social skilled are built through team work, and language and communication skills improve.
- Perseverance is developed as children keep exploring and investigating their surroundings.
- Children will become more confident and develop a stronger sense of identity through play.
- Play encourages children to learn, develop and grow whilst they have fun.
- 1 Double Colour Liquid timer supplied at random.